Monday, August 20, 2007

Mt. Humphreys Death March



Last weekend, the Madsens were kind enough to let the Weeds crash their family gathering up in Pine and the Fillmores graciously accomodated our overflow. On Saturday, the menfolk (minus Bryon who volunteered to stay behind and protect the women and children) traveled to Flagstaff to participate in a bit of male bonding and hike Mt. Humphreys (12,600 feet high). A local Cancer Walk prevented the group from getting to the trailhead, but the men were not to be denied. Even though a detour added a few miles to the hike, everyone made it to the top.

4 comments:

Sidney said...

I strongly suspect that Dave is the author of this blog. We are still talking about what great shape you're in. Just wondered how you felt today? willie popped two of the biggest blood blisters you've ever seen. Poor Mike he'll probably never trust any one ever again when they say "it's just a little hike".....

Melissa said...

Wow! looks fun. I hate to admit I I didn't know we had a mountain that high 12,000+ . Clint and Chad said they had a blast. Sign me up.

Natalie Hall said...

I love your pictures. I did take one of them. Hope you dont mind. Yes Dave you are in great shape. Patrick is so determined to get in shape. Lets see if he really does. I will be cheering him on. Dave you need to give him some pointers on how to loose weight. We sure have fun with your family.

Melanie said...

hey! I can't wait to hear about chloes birthday bash! post some pics today if you get a chance!!